- Communicate with us electronically, such as via email; and
- Interact with us offline, including in person, at an event or via phone.
- Data We Collect and Share
- What personal identifiable information do we collect?
- Why do we collect your personal data and how is your information used?
- How do we collect your information?
- How do we share or disclosure your information?
- Data Security Procedures – What do we have in place to protect the misuse of your information?
- Your Data Rights – What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data? How can you correct any inaccuracies in the information?
- Miscellaneous – Information for Visitors from Outside the United States and Children’s Privacy
1) Data We Collect and Share
1.1 What personal identifiable information do we collect?
RERI is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to and collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, IP address, telephone number, and broader categories of information such as your professional, educational or health information, commercial information and internet activity.
The categories of Personal Information that we collect from you depend on your interactions with us. For example, we may collect:
- Direct Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address, IP address, online identifiers, account names, associated passwords, social media profiles and other similar identifiers. We may collect this information to verify your identity and information, to communicate with you, to create your RERI Account (“Account”) and to facilitate your use of this website.
- Professional and Employment-Related Information, such as your current and former employment, professional degrees and certifications, education background, information about references you list on your application form, certain Direct Identifiers (in order to contact you), and other employment-related information. We may collect this information to process and manage your profile when you submit an application to us.
- Commercial Information, such as products and services purchased from us through the use of this website. We may collect this information to conduct business analytics and improve our services to you.
- Profile Information, such as information about your preferences and characteristics. We may collect this information in order to understand your preferences and tailor our services and communications to you.
1.2 Why do we collect your personal data and how is your information used?
In addition to the purposes for collection described above, we also may collect each category of information for the purpose of performing services for you and maintaining our relationship with you, which include:
- Maintaining and servicing your Account, including managing your preferences.
- Taking steps to improve our services to you, including to run analytics, improve our artificial intelligence tools, assess the quality of our services, and for other related internal business purposes.
- Administering and improving our website, including measuring the effectiveness of the website, diagnosing problems with our server, analyzing where website traffic is coming from, and to identify our website users.
- Communicating with you to personalize your experience with RERI and improve our understanding of your needs, and to respond to inquiries you send to us.
- Conducting voluntary surveys or contests. Contact information will be used to notify you if you win. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with this site.
- Sending you messages promoting our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving certain promotional e-mail messages from us as described in the “Marketing Opt-Out” section below.
- Complying with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising and/or defending legal claims.
- Surveys & Contests:
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, phone, email address etc.), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
1.3 How do we collect your information?
- Most Web browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. Additionally, your Flash player can be set to reject or delete Flash cookies. Refusing a cookie will generally not interfere with your use of the website. However, refusal of a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using or negatively impact the display or function of the website or certain areas or features of the website.
1) We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Partners: Our partner, Ki-Paradigm LLC (an approved healing service contractor) provides Reiki healing services including Reiki healing sessions and spiritual mentoring sessions which can be requested through this website. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names and contact information with Ki-Paradigm LLC for the sole purpose of providing these services.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with companies or individuals that we contract with in order to receive services (our “Service Providers”). These services may include, among other things, providing products or services to you on our behalf, creating or maintaining our databases, payment processing, researching and analyzing the people who request information from us, preparing distribution communications or responding to inquiries. Our policy is to inform our Service Providers not to use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than for providing services to us.
- Third Parties: We may share your Personal Information with companies or individuals outside of RERI.
- Testimonials: If you choose to submit your testimonial, with or without personal information, directly or through third party websites, we may share it publicly.
- Legal Issues: From time to time, we may be required to provide Personal Information to a Third Party in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law or legal process. We may share your Personal Information with Third Parties, such as law enforcement agencies, when we, in good faith, believe: (i) you or others are acting unlawfully, (ii) when we believe it is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, (iii) to operate our business and website properly, or (iv) to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our users, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order.
2) Data Security Procedures
What do we have in place to protect the misuse of your information?
- We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may retain it as reasonably required to serve you, run our business, and comply with our legal obligations. We have implemented reasonable safeguards designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We also take reasonable steps designed to ensure that third parties who work with us agree to protect the Personal Information.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (for example, using our “Service Request” form), that information is encrypted. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page. RERI does not store credit card information but uses either PayPal or Stripe to manage payments. Refer to https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full or https://stripe.com/privacyfor the associated Privacy Policies.
- We will notify you as soon as we become aware of any substantive security breach.
3) Your Data Rights
What choices are available to you regarding the use of data? How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information?
- Marketing Opt-Out: You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button from our email or changing your email notifications. However, your option not to receive promotional and marketing e-mail shall not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing relationship with us. Your opt-out request will also not apply to correspondence that has already been initiated.
- Access and Control Data: You can also do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- Children’s Privacy: We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 18 without prior verifiable parental consent. If RERI learns that a child under the age of 18 has submitted Personal Information without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete the information as soon as possible and to not use such information for any purpose, except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law. If you believe a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us via email address or phone number given on our website.